Thursday, April 25, 2013

PADDLE BOARDING


 POST BORACAY TAN with the Sex Bomb Dancers and 
my dear friend, Jackie.





I got so addicted to paddle boarding that despite my SPF 100 sunblock, I got burned 
through and through in my recent trip to Boracay. In fact, in our 5-day stay, I only discovered it on our last two days but I did it for hours that resulted  to  this unintentional tan. 



The paddle board is like a surf board which you stand on and navigate with a paddle. For beginners, one can kneel down on the board.



PHOTO CREDIT: DONDI NARCISO, Boracay April 2013

Once you get the strokes then 
you can progress to standing.

PHOTO CREDIT: DONDI NARCISO, BORACAY APRIL 2013

Turning is the most challenging because the board has a tendency to tilt to the side where 
you want to turn especially if the wind and the waves are strong but despite these rough conditions, I only fell once. 


PHOTO CREDITS: DONDI NARCISO , BORACAY APRIL 2013

This is when I realized that 
all the core training 
I've been doing since 
January was worth it.

In the end, all the exercise I do is something that helps me to enjoy life, and discover things that I may never try if I knew 
I was not fit enough to do it. 

PHOTO CREDIT: DONDI NARCISO, BORACAY, APRIL 2013



Plus, I must've been the only 43-year old confident enough to paddle board in a bikini.




No comments:

Post a Comment